Angel TV Series box sets.

KoThreads

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm about to get my sister all 5 series on DVD but it looks like I might have choosen the wrong time to do it.

So does anyone know if the original box sets (Bible style!!) are being discontinued as I've just got an email from 101 saying new amaray style complete series sets for £18 while stocks last.

Or should I buy the originals for beween £32 and £35 per set.

What, apart from the price, is the diference

The only difference, AFAIK, is the packaging - the content of the DVD's is the same.

I'm waiting on Angel:Season 5 from Choices Direct in the original 'book' style packaging as I have all the other seasons like this. This is the last time this 'book', or Bible style as you put it, will be available as both Angel & Buffy sets will be issued in the new amaray style cases in the future.

So it's up to you what packaging you prefer & is it worth the extra for the original 'book' style cases. I love the 'book' cases personally.

I hate those books, they cloth part put scratches on my buffy discs so my player won't play some parts of the episodes on the scratched discs. For Angel I bought season 1 for £11.50 from dvdsoon, yet to buy the others.

Not had a problem with scratched disc's, the cloth seems to protect them perfectly well.

How did you manage to scratch the DVD's on the cloth part of the packaging?!

Cheers.

She wants the original book ones, are they now going to be deleted? and if so should I order them now?

Will the catalog numbers be different so I know which ones I'm ordering?

Idoexist, yes the book versions will be deleted once the promotion that various retailers are running at the moment is over.

The cheapest I've seen them is either Choices Direct @ £34.99 or Amazon.uk @ £34.97.

My order from Choices has been delayed twice because Season 5 has been so popular - they've assured me that more stock will be in later this week and my order should ship by the weekend.

CrazyHorse said:
Idoexist, yes the book versions will be deleted once the promotion that various retailers are running at the moment is over.

The cheapest I've seen them is either Choices Direct @ £34.99 or Amazon.uk @ £34.97.

My order from Choices has been delayed twice because Season 5 has been so popular - they've assured me that more stock will be in later this week and my order should ship by the weekend.

Cheers just ordered all 5 from Choices Direct. Hope I get the right ones, or worse still a mixture of both.

Just ordered 4 and 5 of Angel myself.

Would have looked odd, if i hadn't got them in the Book style. They wil now sit nicely with Buffy 2-7 and the rest of Angel. That buffy box 1 with the expanding cross is the odd one out now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom