1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angel Season 1 Boxset (Region 1) - Serious Bass

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Apocalypse, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone else noticed the astonishing bass extension on this box set, it's right up there with the best movie soundtracks in terms of low extension. Bear in mind it's only a 2 channel mix as are most TV soundtracks so it's very impressive. When I switch to Angel season 2 on Region 2 the sonics are tame as is expected on a TV series, the same thing goes for Buffy box sets both region 1 & 2.

Has anyone else discovered this, you should note that the bass I'm talking about is the kind of bass that isn't heard but felt (trouser flapping). I feel cheated now with the inferior Reg 2 box set but I suppose that's to be expected with crappy reg 2 anyway.

Phil

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why less bass on R2, is it PAL speed up?

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No idea, the difference is very very obvious though, untill the season 2 reg 1 of Angel is released we'll never know if it's superior reg 1s or if this particular boxset is just blessed. Can anyone with the reg 2 version of season 1 comment on the lfe, is it superior to season 2 (reg2)?

Jeez, all the diff numbers in this post have confused me :suicide: :laugh: