• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Angel… and some bridges

Tony8

Cliché? Yes.
Done a million times before? Yes.
Anything new? Probably not…

… but any thoughts and feedback would still be great :smashin:

Thanks for looking :)

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Great set, 4 is superb. Shame the bridge shot is cropped a little too tight on the left, still great though.

shotokan101

Banned
1,3 and 4 are very good - don't like the silhouette version in colour but it might well work in mono as might the bridges shot... :)

Tony8

Cheers Toby, I did think the same thing once I had edited it :facepalm:

The original had plenty of room out to the left too, but I used this shot as a pp experiment to try and remove an considerably sized eyesore, which I may have got away with if you haven't spotted my crude efforts? Maybe my pp skills are getting better after all (bad cropping aside! :D)

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Cheers Toby, I did think the same thing once I had edited it :facepalm:

The original had plenty of room out to the left too, but I used this shot as a pp experiment to try and remove an considerably sized eyesore, which I may have got away with if you haven't spotted my crude efforts? Maybe my pp skills are getting better after all (bad cropping aside! :D)
Can't say I've noticed any pp to delete something so I'd say they're pretty good alright ;)

Tony8

Thanks Jim - glad some of them work for you and it's always good to know what doesn't work too :). I'll have a stab at the Angel silhouette in mono and post it up momentarily (the bridges shot has had enough time spent on it already today!)…

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I like the way you have caught the colours of the setting sun in number 1.

D

Deleted member 241106

Excellent shots Tony, like No3 in B&W and the coloured version on your Flickr, she's so photogenic isn't she.

Tony8

I like the way you have caught the colours of the setting sun in number 1.
Thanks very much, glad you like it :)

Excellent shots Tony, like No3 in B&W and the coloured version on your Flickr, she's so photogenic isn't she.
Cheers :smashin: Like all women, she has her good side(s). I can't really believe that it has taken me a year to shoot the Angel to be honest, as I pass it every few weeks and only live 30 mins away

#3 is very good. The others seem a little to closely cropped to the subject but still good :thumbsup:
Thank you for the feedback - a wide angle lens is on my shopping list ;)

shotokan101

Banned

shotokan101

Banned
Keep it for now - save you writing two ;)

shotokan101

Banned
...that's free :D

shotokan101

Banned
Well I Like It :D

...but seriously I do much prefer this version - and seeing it in mono it would also probably make quite a nice sepiatone :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom