Andy Williams Any One See Him on Strictly or Jools Holland?

Garrett

Reaction score
Ouch last week I happen to have Strictly Come Dancing On when Andy Williams came on and sang Moonriver. I could not believe it how bad the singing was, and don’t think he would have got very far on X-Factor.
Again by off chance I happen to have Jools Holland on in the background on Friday night and Andy came on and sang the same song and it was dreadful.

I do love some of Andy’s work and have seen him in concert quite a while back and was a really good show (think it was the first I ever saw) apart from him not doing an encore, which disappointed a lot of people and they just hung round ages for him to come back on stage. Anyway he could have not been well that night so never held it against him, and bought some of his albums from time to time. But think if this is the best of his performance Id say its time to stop singing Andy and let people remember your singing as it was.

I saw him on both and thought he looked and sounded dreadful on Strictly, there was a marked improvement on Joolz, tempted to get his CD as I know I'll know more than I think I do on it... I can even remember his TV shows.

Curly

Yes same here, the voice is not as it once was.

It was the same on the Hootenany with Martha Reeve.

Big build-up, first song of the show & then........

Awful !!

Look at Gladys Knight from the week before, voice hasn't changed at all.

I saw him on both and thought he looked and sounded dreadful on Strictly, there was a marked improvement on Joolz, tempted to get his CD as I know I'll know more than I think I do on it... I can even remember his TV shows.

Curly

There was a program on ate on on BBC 3 or 4 Andy’s Duets part1 and I think they were all from his shows, I seem to vaguely remember them and something about a bear, and always ended the show with May Each Day.

Saw him on Jools & thought exactly the same. I see he's just signed up to Glastonbury next year too - oh dear!

Isnt,he in his 80's ? I'm not surprised he doesn't sound as good . The man is still a king though and I was just glad to see him still crooning even if the quality was not the best. Good for you Andy Williams !!!!

It's just a bit embarassing. A recording artist should hang up his mic when he's nolonger performing to the high standards he's set himself. Tom Jones sounds as good now as he ever did, sadly Andy Williams isn't even at 10%.

It's just a bit embarassing. A recording artist should hang up his mic when he's nolonger performing to the high standards he's set himself. Tom Jones sounds as good now as he ever did, sadly Andy Williams isn't even at 10%.

Toms not quite 70 Andys 84.
Isnt,he in his 80's ? I'm not surprised he doesn't sound as good . The man is still a king though and I was just glad to see him still crooning even if the quality was not the best. Good for you Andy Williams !!!!

The quality definetly was not the best, it was bad. I don't want to remeber him as a has been who cant sing I want to remeber him in all his glory, been listening to his albums the last few days trying to wipe his 2 performances I saw from my mind.

But you get my point. As soon as Tom realises he nolonger has the voice he'll hit the beach fulltime.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom