Andy McNab's SAS: Red Notice (Sky / NowTV) Movie Review & Comments

I turned the trailer off after a minute...that was enough for me.

Hmm watched Sentinelle recently and this had better fight scenes I think, I enjoyed it a little more but there were some very annoying bits.

A film set in the UK by someone who doesn't understand the UK, aimed at the US viewer maybe?

Which is odd since it was based on an Andy Nabb book.

5.51 out if 10 for me I think

I have just watched it this evening. I should have read the review, and saved myself from what was utter garbage!

Easily one of the most entertaining and hilarious reviews I have read in a long time. Excellent work @Tom Davies. :smashin:

Is it wrong that part of me kind of wants Tom to review more drivel so he can keep producing belters like these? :p

I think I shall have to reserve judgement on this one untill I see it, the trailer suggests SAS: Red Notice did get a reasonable budget and Sam Heughan does have all the physical credentials to typecast himself as a Bond like action star, but having Andy Serkis as a villain is just asking for some hammed up moments, he just cant help himself; Ruby Rose has the aerobic skill set but looks to be in danger of being picked to play comic book characters, which probably describes this movie I guess, as Andy McNab is a boys own author, including his Bravo Two Zero book which started his writing career.
Either you like SAS movies or you don't, it has been a while since a movie of this type has reached the small screen, and its made by Sky, so I'll look forward to it.

One of the worst films I have ever seen and I have seen some utter shite in the past!

This is what Die Hard would be like if Bruce Willis made it now.
If your review was restricted to one line that would be enough to convey what the film is like.
We all know how new bad bruce willis films are.

For future bad films reuse that line its a classic 🤣

I suspect my 5.51 out if 10 may be regarded as high by some but I would like to clarify.

For a film to score below 5 it means that I've either not managed to watch the whole thing in one day, or potentially gone out for a poo and just left it on 😁

I think the breathless, 'Drop him' was utterly laughable. Oh and what was with the PSYCHO MODE with the eyes dilating??

Actually was looking forward to this and then spent two hours watching it steadily fall apart. If you like the Strike Back series, go watch those from the start instead.

If they make any more of his books into films, they need a complete rethink.

It's a shame and takes away from the really good films out there.

Got up to where they boarded the train then all went blank until the wife woke me up. I won't revisit , unless I'm having trouble sleeping that is .

Watched 50 minutes so far and fast forwarded a few times already. Is it compulsory these days for women to occupy some of the major roles? I don’t mind normally but they have to be believable and so far, in this film, they really are not believable for me.

I was looking forward to watching this film having seen what I thought was an entertaining trailer. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The film fell down in virtually all areas. The dialog was appalling the acting by a number of the higher profile actors was laughable. You accept this type of action film is far fetched and some of the action was spectacular and didn’t disappoint however, some of the interaction between the actors was amateurish. Overall I would award this film a 2 out of 10 and hope that Sky do not produce any sort of sequel.

Agreed. I was about to say
1) Shit script
2) Shit acting from a lot of the cast
3) Shit dialog
4) Shit action/battle scenes. Either face on shots of guns blazing from each side in turn or it was too dark to see what was happening on my telly.
5) Far too long. Padded out with unnecessary shit.

Totally agree with all the above. Managed about 5 minutes then deleted it. Absolute tosh!

Why oh why do Sky insist on making films? Absolutely every one of them they've made so far has been utter dross, with no exceptions.

Here's an idea, don't make sh** films and subsequently, don't put the subs up because if it's subsidising the likes of this, they can shove it.

Down with this sort of thing, as Father Ted would say.

I created an account just to post this comment to ensure others don't have to endure the drivel I just 'watched'!

I can only assume the scriptwriters, military advisors, set builders, most of the film crew and half the actors were still on furlough when this custard was put together, absolute dross!!

If you do ignore the reviews and watch it, can you message me or post where the car suddenly came from during the Narnia forest scene, I half expected Aslan to turn up I kid you not.....

I created an account just to post this comment to ensure others don't have to endure the drivel I just 'watched'!

I can only assume the scriptwriters, military advisors, set builders, most of the film crew and half the actors were still on furlough when this custard was put together, absolute dross!!

If you do ignore the reviews and watch it, can you message me or post where the car suddenly came from during the Narnia forest scene, I half expected Aslan to turn up I kid you not.....
Wow! You must really hate it:rotfl:.

Why oh why do Sky insist on making films? Absolutely every one of them they've made so far has been utter dross, with no exceptions.

Here's an idea, don't make sh** films and subsequently, don't put the subs up because if it's subsidising the likes of this, they can shove it.

Down with this sort of thing, as Father Ted would say.
Dougal would love this film I bet, but he is not a barometer anyone should be using.

My own fault, I vowed never to watch another "Sky" movie ever since that old tosh "Final Score" - when some idiot was riding a motorbike across the roof of the old East Stand at Upton Park. I mean to say, as anyone who has ever sat/stood in the East Stand would attest, he wouldn't have made it 5 yards before the bike fell through the roof.

Not withstanding that, this collection of cobblers comfortable exceeded the awfulness of Final Score. I had made the mistake of thinking because there were a couple of decent actors in it, it would be OK. Big mistake. Massive. It's even worse than the review claims it is.

Outlander guy (don't know his name) seems to be trying to lobby for the Bond role that'll be upcoming.

I haven't seen this, I'm never going to, but by the general consensus in this thread, this film isn't going to help that at all.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom