Edgie70

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , hope you can help , I've just bought an Android TV box , I've connected to my TV via hdmi cable , all works ok . I left the TV box turned on and checked my Freeview signal and it was drastically reduced !! Turned off the TV box and it went straight to full signal again on Freeview , tried same again but if I touch the hdmi cable the signal goes right up again , let go of the cable and signal reduces !! I presume the hdmi cable is rubbish and I'm absorbing the interference ???? Hence why when I hold it the signal goes up .....

Use better quality, better screened hdmi and aerial cables. Amazon basics are often suggested as OK.

Remake any hand made TV aerial plugs as poorly terminated plugs will let in interference.

Cable connectors and leads - A.T.V. Poles, Brackets, Clamps & Aerials is worth reading.

Keep the box as far from other cables and any aerial wall plates as practically possible.

Hi , thanks for your reply, I'll make up a shorter coax with some RG6 and get another hdmi , might as well do both , cheers

i am lkost around here, and do not know where to go, but i would like to know more about these android tv boxes. is there a place to go that would tell me of a unit you can get all the stuff, and apps without having to subscribe to before you can watch?

i am lkost around here, and do not know where to go, but i would like to know more about these android tv boxes. is there a place to go that would tell me of a unit you can get all the stuff, and apps without having to subscribe to before you can watch?
Hi , I know a bit about android boxes I've owned 2 of them plus I own a few Amazon devices , start a new thread if you want

is there one that does not require subscriptions for programs?
All android boxes or Amazon devices have no apps installed that can access free live TV or movies , there are apks that can be downloaded if you search on Google 😉

Discussion of piracy or illegal streaming methods and apps is against the forum rules. Just so you don't delve too deep and get yourself into trouble.

Discussion of piracy or illegal streaming methods and apps is against the forum rules. Just so you don't delve too deep and get yourself into trouble.
No worries , hence why Google is his friend

is there one that does not require subscriptions for programs?

Please take note as above.
We don’t allow discussion of anything of any piracy or software that enables bypassing prevention of such activity

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom