Reaction score
I need a decent freeview HD box but on with android tv would be nice, so I can add the smart apps I want.

Does anyone know if Plex can be installed on the Manhattan T3 or is just the Freeview Play apps?

Wanted something with Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and Plex.

I need a decent freeview HD box but on with android tv would be nice, so I can add the smart apps I want.

Does anyone know if Plex can be installed on the Manhattan T3 or is just the Freeview Play apps?

Wanted something with Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and Plex.
I'm only aware of Android smart tvs that include freeview, not aware of any separate boxes that include both, sorry.

The T3 I think has Youtube but not Netflix, Prime or Plex. I think a single device doing both would likely be a compromise in some respect - you may be better getting a good freeview box and then a separate android tv (e.g. xiaomi mi box s) to give the full range of functionality.

Could you not get android shield and hd home run? That’s running the android tv and has a home run app to pull the Freeview off the hole run?

I wanted avoid running hd home run as it goes over the network, looking for freeview over coax.

I can't believe the shield etc don't have a USB tuner you can add.

Why don’t you want to stream over the network. It’s only what you’d be doing for the rest of the content you’d watch...

I contemplated home run and the Nvidia shield as I’m currently using an Xbox one with tuner which I’d really like to get away from. I can’t find anything that has a tuner in. Seems like some of these streamer boxes are missing a trick... live tv is still a thing...

Actually after a bit of research there’s loads of usb dvb tuners for Android tv.

Is any confirmed to be working with nvidia sheild? I read it didn't work even after sideloading app

The lack of Netflix meant there's was no incentive the rush and get this... I still have my sky subscription for another 4 months so will a bit longer to see if it can actually replace our skyq outright.

I don't mind paying a one fee of £249 as long as it works well for 3 years but it has to have all features.

Image of ITV-HD on Samsung tablet

Attachments

• ITV-HD-now.jpg
    ITV-HD-now.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 67
I had a look but decided to get nvida shield instead. Will probably revisit this when it's on sale next time.

I have the Aura and also one of these,

I bought ii as a black friday deal. Unlike the aura it can stream HD to PC's tablets and phones. Kodi has the VBox TV Gateway PVR driver.
Question: Newbie here. I also bought a Vbox on black friday. One of the requirements is that for placeshifting I need to activate uPnP on my router. All the literature I have read says not to do so as I am exposing my home network to uPnP hacks. I dont claim to understand what the threat really is. Has anyone any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for any and all comments and thoughts on the VBox gateway 4144/4147 models.

Question: Newbie here. I also bought a Vbox on black friday. One of the requirements is that for placeshifting I need to activate uPnP on my router. All the literature I have read says not to do so as I am exposing my home network to uPnP hacks. I dont claim to understand what the threat really is. Has anyone any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for any and all comments and thoughts on the VBox gateway 4144/4147 models.

correct. Here are some other very good resources. It comes down to having a good router that is at the most recent security levels. Understanding what your risk tolerance is, and regularly running the ShieldsUp tool: GRC | Gibson Research Corporation Home Page "uPnP exposure test"

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/.../billions-of-devices.../
https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2020/06/09/cve-2020-12695/
https://github.com/yunuscadirci/CallStranger
https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/ssdp-ddos-attack/

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom