Android tv box with Freeview?

Phantom84

I need a decent freeview HD box but on with android tv would be nice, so I can add the smart apps I want.

Does anyone know if Plex can be installed on the Manhattan T3 or is just the Freeview Play apps?

Wanted something with Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and Plex.

tickedon

I need a decent freeview HD box but on with android tv would be nice, so I can add the smart apps I want.

Does anyone know if Plex can be installed on the Manhattan T3 or is just the Freeview Play apps?

Wanted something with Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and Plex.
I'm only aware of Android smart tvs that include freeview, not aware of any separate boxes that include both, sorry.

The T3 I think has Youtube but not Netflix, Prime or Plex. I think a single device doing both would likely be a compromise in some respect - you may be better getting a good freeview box and then a separate android tv (e.g. xiaomi mi box s) to give the full range of functionality.

mordzy

Standard Member
Could you not get android shield and hd home run? That’s running the android tv and has a home run app to pull the Freeview off the hole run?

Phantom84

I wanted avoid running hd home run as it goes over the network, looking for freeview over coax.

I can't believe the shield etc don't have a USB tuner you can add.

mordzy

Standard Member
Why don’t you want to stream over the network. It’s only what you’d be doing for the rest of the content you’d watch...

I contemplated home run and the Nvidia shield as I’m currently using an Xbox one with tuner which I’d really like to get away from. I can’t find anything that has a tuner in. Seems like some of these streamer boxes are missing a trick... live tv is still a thing...