• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Android TV box with 5.1 sound

losername

Standard Member
Hi all,

I've had a good look around, but I've not found anything which I'm sure will work for me...

I'm after an android TV box - preferably costing than 70 quid which supports 5.1 sound.

It doesn't need a lot of storage, just the ability to run Xbmc.

Thanks in advance,

Scravid

losername

Standard Member
Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

I'm not dead set on the budget, the surround I'd more important. What's the model of the wetek?

JonMace

How do you want to get the 5.1 to your amp?

If its via HDMI vertually anything will do if not then we need to rethink.

JonMace

Well in that xase I would go for a RPi2, max of £50 all in (and you may have some of the parts already - so less) best supported device for Kodi / XBMC

losername

Standard Member
Hi bud, the T8 looks interesting, any links to a suitable place to purchase? I assume it'll do me 5.1? Am I right in saying about £70?

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Hi bud, the T8 looks interesting, any links to a suitable place to purchase? I assume it'll do me 5.1? Am I right in saying about £70?
I bought mine from droidsticks, it was more expensive as it came fully loaded with kodi and a load of add ons for sport etc

tredman

Distinguished Member
Wetek Core for me. Runs Kodi brilliantly. It's quick and very well supported by the Kodi Devs too.

Not coming 'fully loaded' with back doors into your home network is probably a plus point too...

tredman

Distinguished Member
OK thats nice to know.

Best pic quality I have found on Kodi is a mini mac - and I hate macs.......
I used to use a Mac mini for my htpc, but they don't do proper 24p on OS X so ended up running Windows - was just too messy

Chromebox is definitely better and amazing PQ, especially with live tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom