Android TV Box to be used with TLC TV

zillah

Standard Member
Hi

I have got TLC TV 6 years old it is Linux OS.

I am thinking to use it as Smart TV by attaching Android TV Box (HDMI cabel) ,,,,,I tried to read about it but I am confused with below :

1- Can a spare phone like Samsung S10 do the same job as Android TV box in watching Netflix Stan, Disney in 4K or higher quality ?

2- If I have to buy Android TV Box ,,,,can you help me to recommend 3 of them ?

Thx

depot

Worth having a look in this section Video Streaming Boxes & Services.

You can cast from a Samsung phone but you would need a google chromecast plugged in to the tv.

Can’t help with the android box recommendation, I don’t have one, but I would take a look at the google chromecast, Amazon fire stick and the roku stick for streaming but they won’t give you live tv.

zillah

Standard Member
Thx depot

If I have chromcast plugged into the TV and it has internet connection means I can use chromcast directly without needing the phone ? Isn't it ?

Second question
I have seen friend of mine using his iPhone mirroring what he is watching on his phone to his Samsung TV ,,,,,why the same concept can't be applied to TCL ?

Thx

JayCee

Distinguished Member
A Chromecast on it's own does nothing.
You need a device (Phone, Tablet, PC) to cast to it.

pulpfxn

A Chromecast on it's own does nothing.
You need a device (Phone, Tablet, PC) to cast to it.
While this was true of previous iterations, the latest Chromecast with Google TV also has a remote control and you can download various apps to it and use it without other devices.

depot

Yes chromecast with google tv has apps on it for streaming or you can cast from your phone to it, you plug it into the hdmi port on the tv and connect vis WiFi for the internet connection

depot

Samsung phone and smart tv will allow mirroring, my Lenovo tablet can mirror to a roku box, but can’t cast to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom