Android TV 11 is on its way..

I don't know how quick Sony development team are with testing and rolling out an Update OS on their TV's. I don't think it's imminent though.

This just popped up. Be interested to know a) if the 2020 sets will get it and b) whether it enables HDMI 2.1

Yeah right... 2020 tv's still have android 9 not even 10 yet imagine 11 guess in a couple of years naybe

I believe android tv 11 os is what's required for ALLM, VRR and hdmi 2.1 etc. so the xh9005 will get android os tv 11 and that will be it's hdmi 2.1 upgrade, The wait has been for android tv 11.
Who knows if you can chuck the firmware on the other Sony tv's? Currently you can... unless they find a way to stop it.

I believe android tv 11 os is what's required for ALLM, VRR and hdmi 2.1 etc. so the xh9005 will get android os tv 11 and that will be it's hdmi 2.1 upgrade, The wait has been for android tv 11.
Who knows if you can chuck the firmware on the other Sony tv's? Currently you can... unless they find a way to stop it.
I hope so but what about android 10 first? I honestly don't believe sony will skip android 10

I hope so but what about android 10 first? I honestly don't believe sony will skip android 10
Hi
because android 10 does not support hdmi 2.1, so at the very least the xh9005 will get android tv 11 to gain its promised hdmi 2.1 update. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom