Android Sky app remote control channel problems

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've only just noticed this problem but haven't used the remote control part of the app before so not sure how long this problem has existed.

When I type in the channel number for a HD channel, it takes me to the SD channel, so typing in 111 would take me to channel 246, and if I type in 246 it takes me to channel 111.

I've looked through the TV Guide on the app and the channels are in the wrong order on there as well, the SD and HD channels seem to be the wrong way round.

Is this a known problem?

Yes it's a known problem that's been around for a while. The HD channel swap is not being applied to these channels. It'll be the same on the iOS app and online TVGuide as well.

Just checked the app on my phone and when I key in 111 the box goes to channel 111 and if I key in 246 it takes me to 246. Also the channels are listed the correct way round in the app with Dave HD on 111 and Dave SD on 246.

The TV guide on Sky.com is also showing the channels correctly.

Could it be that I have some setting wrong then?

Whoops looks like that channel isn't one of those affected by the HD swap issue.

If you go to the apps SETTINGS > CHANGE REGION do you have HD selected?

There are some channels such as BBC Three, BBC Four, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 etc where the HD swap isn't being applied.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom