Quantcast

Android Server/player and iOS remote

larkone

I have an Archos 70 250Gb tablet which is half full of flac files. I am trying to find some software that will act as a server/player on the Archos - similar to the way Vortex Box works that I can control remotely from a ipod Touch. The Archos runs Android. Has anybody come across anything that works like this across the two devices? It is shame that Vortex Box hasn't done a cut down server/player for Android as this could be very useful.

nunovi

Novice Member
You can install SqueezePlayer on your Archos. It will become a regular Squeezebox Player that you can control using the remote app on iOS. Naturally, you'll need LMS running but this shouldn't be a problem for you.

larkone

Thanks Nunovi but that doesn't work. I am trying to set up the android tablet as a server and there doesn't seem to be an android version of LMS out yet. I am going on holiday and was trying to use the android tablet (250GB storage) as the music server with remote control from an ipod touch. I don't think there is a solution but thought I would ask just in case someone had found something.

Top Bottom