Android Photo Backup 2014

Anniie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Let me start by admitting I'm not at all tech savvy...

I have lost an old phone (currently unsure what model as I can't remember) but was wondering if there is any way to find out if my photos are backed up elsewhere. The phone would have been used between 2014 and 2016.

I currently have Google photos on my phone - I set up a Gmail account when I got my current phone. I have checked via Gmail if there are other accounts linked to my phone but there aren't. I know at the time I had a Hotmail account, I was wondering if when I initially set the phone up in 2014 whether there would have been some kind of automatic backup or whether I would have had to back the photos up manually? I have checked One Drive and it doesn't bring any photos up. Does this mean my photos are gone if I can't find the phone?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I would really love to recover the lost photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

If you cannot find them on one drive then yes they would only be on the phone, unless you had a Dropbox account which I used to backup photos before google photos.

I presume the old phone was not android as you setup a google account when you bought your current phone?

If the lost handset ran Android chances are the photos would be backed up to Google Photos, if set to online sync and backup

As a long shot any photos shared via WhatsApp and other message apps could be on those apps

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom