Answered Android Phone that supports Shanling Up USB Dac?

malcolmduffin

Hi and hoping someone can help. Have a Shanling Up Dac Amp which I currently use with iPhone 6 and works perfectly. However new aptx wireless headphones meant purchased used Galaxy S6 for when running as better SQ. Problem now in wired combination with OTG Shanling USB Dac the sound is extremely quiet even on 100% volume and just can't make work which is terribly frustrating. Can't use Hiby App or simialr music player as all listening is via streaming services such as Spotify and Deezer. So couple of questions:

1. Is there a fix for this for Galaxy S6 / Shanling Up combination?

2. Is there an Android Phone that is definitely compatible with the Shanling Up?

Pulling my hair out so any advice appreciated before buy a new phone or DAC

smokedog

Sounds like the same problem as the DragonFly DACS, were Android OS caps the max volume. Download "USB Audio Player Pro", there is a free trial version. In the app you can adjust the hardware volume and if you exit the app, it retains that volume, until you unplug the DAC.

malcolmduffin

Sounds like the same problem as the DragonFly DACS, were Android OS caps the max volume. Download "USB Audio Player Pro", there is a free trial version. In the app you can adjust the hardware volume and if you exit the app, it retains that volume, until you unplug the DAC.
New
smokedog - that sounds perfect! So just to be clear I open the app and sort volume and then can close it and should be able to hear Deezer or Spotify fine? Will the quality of the sound also be as good? It was so quiet that I just couldn't tell if the DAC job with the SQ was also affected along with the volume

smokedog

New
smokedog - that sounds perfect! So just to be clear I open the app and sort volume and then can close it and should be able to hear Deezer or Spotify fine? Will the quality of the sound also be as good? It was so quiet that I just couldn't tell if the DAC job with the SQ was also affected along with the volume
Yep, that's the current work around for Dragronfly. I can't guarantee it will work for your device but it's worth a try.

malcolmduffin

Yep, that's the current work around for Dragronfly. I can't guarantee it will work for your device but it's worth a try.
Yes I'm definitely going to (returned the Galaxy S6 to retailer but think might try and get it posted back now!) Weirdly works fine with Chord Mojo. Think worth a punt and if no luck will sell the Shanling (great DAC with iPhone) and buy a Dragonfly. Cheers for all your help - saved me loads of time and heartache!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom