Question Android phone recommendations

dimmockg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Currently using a Huawei P30 (not pro or lite) and it's time for a change

I'd like to stick with android and I'd prefer to purchase the handset outright as like sim only due to having flexibility. I'm currently looking at the Nord, 7t or 8 from oneplus

Looking for a slightly larger screen primarily

Any other offerings or suggestions around that ball park (£600 absolute tops) before I pull the trigger.

I'd also prefer a new handset, not a refurb or 2nd hand

Cheers

I also had the standard P30 which I sadly dropped and broke and have just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition 5G to replace it.

Seems to have all the best bits from the other S20 models with a few corners cut to keep the price down. SIM free pricing looks to be £599 for the 4G model and £699 for the 5G, although Samsung phones tend to drop in price quite quickly if you can wait a bit. I only went with the 5G due to the Snapdragon processor, plus I'm paying monthly anyway, otherwise I would have been happy with the cheaper model.

I also considered the OnePlus 8 but unfortunately O2 don't offer OnePlus anymore.

Others sub-£600 phones to look into would be the Xiaomi Mi 10 8GB, Realme X50 Pro 5G 8GB and the Oppo Find X2 Neo.

Thanks for that, I'll check into those as well

Id look at oneplus 8 at the minimum, as feel that other you listed might not be an upgrade.
Xiaomi mi 10 would be on my list also.

Cheers, have to say I find myself being drawn to the oppo mentioned above as well

I've actually ended up going for the Samsung galaxy s20 5g fe. Being delivered today

Got mine last night, you won't be disappointed!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom