Android media player security

m5xws

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an android media player for streaming over the Internet which is connected to my home network. Got that cheap from abroad. Does anybody know it safe or could somebody hack via the media player into my office computer which is also connected to the network? Or can I restrict access from the media player into my pc? Or am I just paranoid.....
Thanks

Till someone more knowledgeable come along, go to Google play and install COMODO mobile security and use it.

Never use bank details , private password details or private email when using a VPN service.

You can also try Avast but they are mainly for virus only. You want security and firewall.

I am not worried about the use of the media player. I am more worried about a external hacker using the media player to access my other computers connected to the same home network. Is that possible?

Installing security, firewall software lowers their ability to do so!

Having such software on the media player help protect it from being highjacked or used as a bot.
You should have a firewall and security on all networked devices!.

What intruders can do is always evolving. Your question is it possible is to theoretical, to many variables and unknowns. Hence my advice Firewall and Security software, run virus software regularly trust and assume nothing. Many people used a popular free Virtual Private, Network for years before others found it spyed on users, stole bandwith etc.

Best of luck ☺

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom