android app to record through tv tuner

lmwfc

Standard Member
Similar to the sky+ app, is there anything that would allow me to set the pc record a show from my phone?

spendec

Novice Member
Have a look at remote potato:

Remote Potato

Runs a server application on the PC and can be scheduled from any browser (there's also a free Android App or a paid iPhone app that works with it). As long as you've got the right port forwarded in your router it works like a charm - well it does for me anyway...:thumbsup:

wolvers

Novice Member
That looks really good, and the fact that it's called remote potato makes it an even bigger winner IMO! :thumbsup:

steford

RP is really good. I toyed with the other software but came back to RP. The mobile web interface is good - I happily sat in the hospital today browsing the guide and scheduling programmes - nothing new (I've been doing it on Tivo for years) but it does work nicely.

jameson_uk

Novice Member
There are a few apps for MediaPortal
WebService and Mobile Access - MediaPortal Forum

I use Big Kev's webserver for MP and a script on my NAS to wake up the MP TV sever (WOL). This web server is good but a no longer maintained but does the job (with a few issues).

Also 4TheRecord allows this.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom