Android 11

nobottle

Standard Member
I took delivery of a new Samsung S21 Ultra yesterday which runs on Android 11 - 3.1.
Since the days of my Galaxy S2 I have always customised the ring tone for my wife to the psycho theme :)
I have looked through settings on the phone, asked google and watched countless videos on you tube as to what's new in Android 11 - all were of no help!
Does anyone know how to assign ring tones in Android 11?
Thanks

nobottle

Standard Member
Thanks John but that is not the answer, I already have the psycho theme in my ring tones which I want to set for one contact, not all the contacts. In previous versions of Android you opened the contact, selected edit, view more and ringtone was there and could be customised. In Android 11 its not there.

ned61

Standard Member
You need to edit via contacts as you've said I'm on Android 11 with pixel 3. The issue I had was that I needed to get the ringtone into a folder Called My Sounds which contains all the ringtones and sounds I use. I'll have a look to see how I set the folder up.

nobottle

Standard Member
Hi Ned
The ringtone is there but I want to assign it to a single contact, not use it for all incoming calls. I've had a conversation with Samsung support this morning and they hadn't got a clue how to do it but said they would report it to Google.
I've since had another play with my phone and solved the problem - you select the contact then hit edit - view more - select the musical note symbol (next to last) allow the phone to access media etc and bingo the ring tones appear. Select one and save. The next time you repeat this the ringtone option is there!

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom