• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Andriod to IR

damien3977

Standard Member
Hi All hears the current setup Screen Philips 56 21:9 Spearercraft 5.1 including the amp for woofer and Poineer for surrond. philips Blue ray (never ever ussed!!) and the best thing ever the WD Live TV all but the TV live in a comms cabinet in the utility and cinema room and controled via a niles unit with 3 x IR Living room bedroom and of course cinema room and a Philips rc9800 which is ok.

Now Im keen to use an Andriod tablect to control over wifi ah as i want to add a few items such as audio in each room and projector/screen (12v trigger i suspect) the Philips is too long in the tooth for media center.

So question is do i trough out the niles unit and start again or is there any way to get wifi, with a good remote andriod app to talk or blink at the Niles unit that flashes and jacks into everthing currently?

Many thanks to all:lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom