Andorid 8.0 Oreo on PHILIPS 65OLED873/12

jozi7

Novice Member
Official Android 8.0 Oreo updated on my PHILIPS 65OLED873/12 now.
Positive:
It's really faster. New "channel " layout is better, I have only one - youtube.
Apps I have: spotify, youtube, kodi, vlc.
That's all. All other apps I unistalled or stopped. Have separate SAT reciever and NAS Synology.
New features: DTS TruSurround, 5band audio eq, DTS auto audio levelling.
MUCH FASTER.

Negative:
5band audio eq. I can't get the same quality audio like before with bass -2 and treble +4. Simply can't with the eq...
Ambilight with TV OFF is MUCH brighter. (Used as bias lightning when listening music)
Ambilight switches to game instead of relax every time I start TV. I have to switch back to relax every time.

And important bug/problem: I can't pair stick bt remote with the tv anymore. Tried everything, new batteries, different position, nothing...
And every 10 minutes TV has the message with "new firmware for remote please update - ok/cancel" but I can't because I can't pair the remote.
It's really annoying.
What to do? Someone has the idea?
Thank you!

vmagix

Is the 873 in the same family as the 803 and 903?
I've heard doing a factory reset is probably the best way to go in order to fix bugs - same goes for updating the "wand" remote.

jozi7

Novice Member
No, 873 oled = 65" 9002 oled, the same model, hw, everything, only bigger screen and new number.
I'll try factory reset, but after update I had to setup everything so I thought factory reset already was during update... And now again :(
It will be great to have to possibility to save audio, video settings...

jozi7

Novice Member
Factory reset solved problem with the remote, but not with the ambilight...
Maybe next firmware...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom