And there we go again, price war!

CLH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xbox £128 at Comet!

I doubt it will prompt a price war. I reckon Nintendo and Sony will be happy that the strength of their games will carry them through the busy christmas period.

Super Mario alone caused the Gamecube to overtake the X-Box in sales after two days of being released. Couple that with upcoming Starfox adventures (not my cup of tea), Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Resi Evil Zero and Zelda in the new year.

PS2 getting PES2, GTA 3 Vice City, and the impressive back catalogue.

Why does no-one ever post the games coming out for the xbox?:confused:

Why does no-one ever post the games coming out for the xbox?
because such a list would pale in comparison next to such a HUGE lineup for the ps2 and gamecube, jees I'm gonner have to take my shoes & socks off to count all the big games there.

[sarcasm=off]:rolleyes: ;)

There's also a £159 package doing the rounds: XBox + Sega Rally + JSRF

On the Gamecube front there's Gamecube + Mario Sunshine for £149

I can't ever remember consoles being such good value, especailly as these 2 machines are only out this year.

The PS2 is beginning to look a bit dated and overpriced now but it still sells by the bucketload.

I think the Gamecube may make inroads into the market with the Mario package being bought for younger kids for Christmas then older players getting hooked.

The Xbox position is a bit less clear. It's a powerful console just waiting to be exploited but the killer software just isn't coming through yet. This may change next year.

RDB :)

Originally posted by Rock Da Bass
I can't ever remember consoles being such good value

I agree, I brought one of those Panasonic 3DO machines when they first came out. A 32-bit cdrom based console that predated the original Playstation and was less powerful. It cost me £360.:eek:

Most expensive games console I have ever purchased and when it was abandoned by the developers 3DO I was never able to sell it. Anyone else still got one of these?

I agree, I brought one of those Panasonic 3DO machines when they first came out. A 32-bit cdrom based console that predated the original Playstation and was less powerful. It cost me £360

think yourself lucky i paid £699 for it !!!

also paid £575 for jap psx with ridge racer , £545 for a saturn and daytona, £600 for a n64 jap with mario and pilot wings, and remeber paying £350 for a super famicom with marioworld.

looking back would still pay that for the n64 and the famicom, because i think mario 64 was one of those few games that is worth a few hundred quid to experience. same with the snes , mario, pilot wings, zelda , mana, chrono trigger, mario kart etc.

with the price of machines these days, lets face it it is 2 decent nights down the pub for the cost of a console, there is no reason not to own all of them.

Well have to say that I got rid of my Xbox, I had 60 games and not one of them , tell a lie halo, did i sit and play. Just doesnt do anything for me Graphically great , sonically great, but the games just dont compare with mario etc.

I know a couple of mates that will not buy the cube even though it and mario can be picked up for £150 odd, instead they would rather buy 3 crappy games for the xbox that they play for a couple of nights then leave sitting there collecting dust, at a cost of about £135 !!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom