And the gloves are off.....Round 1.

*runs to the light switch*

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

:clap:

(sorry - haven't had Sky One for too long; getting withdrawal symptoms from seeing Homer doing this!)

virgin can win this if freeview and BT come into the party aswell, heard they aint to thrilled about sky pulling there channels to start its own freeview malarky.

The one thing which I don't understand, is why VM accepted an 85% cut in income from Sky on the Flextech channels.

If I was running VM, I would have wanted to do an overall deal on the Flexech channels and Sky's bought in channels.

The one thing which I don't understand, is why VM accepted an 85% cut in income from Sky on the Flextech channels.

If I was running VM, I would have wanted to do an overall deal on the Flexech channels and Sky's bought in channels.

Advertising revenue; the number of viewers lost by Sky not showing VM channels would significantly reduce the income from advertisers on these channels.

Just caught the tail end of bbc news, and it would appear that Sky are gonna lose this big style with quite severe punishments. Think Virgin now has parliamentary backing.

Just hoping that Virgin will share the rewards amongst its loyal customers.

It paints a picture of aggressive negotiations with Sky, which on two occasions offered to pay Virgin Media nothing for its channels Living, Bravo, Challenge and Trouble. In 2006, Virgin Media had received £35.6 million. Later Virgin Media accepted an offer worth £5.1 million in 2007.

I have to say about nothing or twopence is what they're worth IMO!!!:rotfl:

We never watch Challenge or Trouble but Living & Bravo are ok. Some good shows on there: The Unit, Day Break, Greys Anatomy, CSI, ANTM to name a few. The PQ/SQ is good on these channels too - although still no 16: 9 :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom