1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And the debate rages on...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Redeye UK, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Redeye UK

Redeye UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry if this has been posted before. Heavy going but it seems that the PS3 > Xbox360 argument isn't as straight forward as I had been lead to belive.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Not really much of an issue at the moment as we don't really know what each console with be really capable of producing. But for me the PS3 is not worth entertaining as it doesn't have PGR, nuff said

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Pooon's right - there's only 1 real reason that people buy a console and that is for the games. I'm not really concerned with how many terraflops, flips or flaps they have as long as I can play the likes of PES and PGR :smashin: .

Games sell consoles - that's the way it's always been and that's the way that it always will be (IMO). A good online service is also pretty essential and MS seem to have got everything in place for the ultimate online experience. By far the most exciting development regarding the next gen consoles (for me) is the whole Gotham TV thing. It's exactly the sort of thing that myself and no doubt countless other people have been waiting for and if it takes off as intended it will turn PGR3 from a great racer into one of the most important gaming experiences ever.

4. Redeye UK

Redeye UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You could have just skipped to the last page guys. ;)

I loved my PS2 but when I realised that the xbox was better (5.1, HD, Live, power) I bought one and eventually sold my PS2. This whole site is dedicated to how products perform. Too geek for the av gaming forums? :rotfl:

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    For me, the PS3 is not worth entertaining because I believe we will not see it on these shores until xmas 2006. That’s why I’m getting buzzed about the X360, hopefully just over 3 months to launch! :clap: