And now we seem to have 7227 with 7229 maybe on its way.

What are the reasons to install these latest leaks, over othere recent ones

Boredom :rotfl:

Supposedly they get better and better. As bugs get ironed out others can creep in but generally, its because the latest builds MIGHT run faster or have less bugs.
Im giving 7227 a miss but might get 7230 at the weekend if its out.

Because we must have the latest and greatest. Otherwise you are an un-informed n00b!!111! :D

I'm just waiting for a RTM build/branch leak.

7229 is out. Oh dear. Microsoft need a plumber to fix all these leaks. :D

Blimey, it's leaks galore. Build 7231 is out and about.

Blimey, it's leaks galore. Build 7231 is out and about.

Just downloading the VHD now. Although i have no idea what to do with it once i have it :rolleyes:

It's an ugly process. One I don't entirely trust, god knows what else they have embedded in the VHD. One reason I prefer ISOs ;)

Yeah, im sure before i can figure it out there will be a ISO along (or another build).
Still, something to add to the collection.:smashin:

Because we must have the latest and greatest. Otherwise you are an un-informed n00b!!111! :D

I'm just waiting for a RTM build/branch leak.
Yep, downloading some this weekend for that reason only. ;)

I'll be waiting for 64-bit versions though (6 gig of RAM).

Just finished installing 7231 on my Netbook.
Seems ok but the last couple of builds werent on long enough to get a real idea of any improvments :rolleyes:

RTM later this month - will most definitely leak!

Yes, not long now.
The big question is how will we use it. I doubt our beta keys will work and it will need activating wont it?
I have no doubt it will be cracked pretty quickly but im hoping to stick with a "legit" leak untill the very last moment, and then buy it.
If the RTM comes with a hack/crack/key then i might re think.

Beta keyes work on 7231, that would bode well for RTM...:cool:

Fingers crossed then.
Im now running 7231 x86 on both my Netbook and work PC and all seems fine.
Still not noticed anything different but if it works its good enough for me.

Beta/RC keys will NOT work on the RTM build. The pidgenx.dll is completely changed in RTM builds. Same thing happened when Vista came out of beta/rc. Microsoft aren't stupid - give them some credit!

Nobody in this post or the previous said Microsoft is stupid, we are all just hoping and wishing. :D

Has the slmgr -rearm command changed in Windows 7? I tried it on build 7100 and it broke it!

If it works the same as Vista, you can get 180 days out of the product before having to activate it.

Nobody in this post or the previous said Microsoft is stupid, we are all just hoping and wishing. :D

Actually i was just going with the flow. I didnt think for one min the beta keys would work, after all, RTM isnt a beta.

This is why im going to stick with the final release that the beta keys do work with.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom