And it's articles like this that will not help the vaccine uptake.

Both companies have said that taking their vaccines could result in side effects similar to mild Covid symptoms. Think muscle pain, chills and a headache.
So the same as pretty much every vaccine, and what most expect when they have travel jabs, flu jab etc.

Severe Trolling
"When trial participant Yasir Batalvi first read Moderna’s 22-page consent form warning of side effects ranging from nothing at all to death, he felt pretty worried, he told CNBC"

Does every vaccine come with a warning of possible death tho ?

@Trollslayer did your consent form mention possible death by any chance

Yes but I knew what the risks were beforehand but you have to understand the data that would mean they didn't have to say this is the objective of the trial so they had a duty of care to mention death.
The phase I and II trials had no major issues.
Let me put it this way, I have a fifty percent chance of having a vaccine with about ninety percent effectiveness which has not killed anyone so I have a forty five percent chance of not catching the virus compared with someone who didn't join the trial vs an event which has not happened to anyone in the phase I or II trials.
The death warning simply means they cannot tell you that the risk of death has not been proven to be insignificant.

Last edited:
What happens with regard to you actually getting the vaccine should you have been in the placebo group?

Or is this something you will never find out and have to potentially wait for the vaccination's efficacy to have subsided so you'll get it if/when there's a 2nd round required in a year or ....whenever?

It is a fixed twelve month trial, this is all planned in advance.
If I didn't get the vaccine at the beginning then at the end I would get whichever vaccine is being used.

Well the Graun did print this utter shit a while back (utterly derided in the comments, can't remember if I posted anything there) ...

Hence "Guardian readers".

There's also a massive amount of evidence that Placebos are effective.

That doesn't mean I want them to treat my cancer, HIV, heart disease or the stroke i'm in the middle of having.

Big lie I recall from that article is her claim of giving up her PhD to her best friend. That's not how PhD studentships are awarded. She couldn't even get the basics right.

That doesn't mean I want them to treat my cancer, HIV, heart disease or the stroke i'm in the middle of having.
Probably because the patient's stress level goes down.

It is, their own belief they're getting better that makes them feel better.

I lost all respect for my local GP practice when a few of them started doing homeopathy privately on the side and were suggesting it to patients during normal consultations.

I lost all respect for my local GP practice when a few of them started doing homeopathy privately on the side and were suggesting it to patients during normal consultations.
All that quackery is standard practice in India, they even have a govt ministry for it under the mad Modi govt, who originally promoted the use of cow's urine to combat Covid. Complete lunacy, I couldn't care less about any cultural importance.

I have a cousin there who paid for useless ayurvedic treatment for her daughter with cerebral palsy.

Some alternative therapies have benefits.

I've had acupuncture for pain and swelling on the NHS as part of a post-op recovery and was surprised how effective it was. You can dismiss a lot of the origin beliefs in it but alter the reasons for it working to western medicine.

Herbal remedies can be effective, of course, the better ones are now under that weird mysterious title of "medicine"

Homeopathy... complete quackery at it's highest.

I think acupuncture works because it affects the parasympathetic areas on the nervous system.
Afraid I haven't look into it, maybe someone else understands how it works.

I think acupuncture works because it affects the parasympathetic areas on the nervous system.
Afraid I haven't look into it, maybe someone else understands how it works.
Wifeynurse had the NHS acupuncture qualification, and when she was practicing on me I can vouch for the fact that it worked. In my case I believe it worked because I stopped worrying about a painful shoulder when she had bloody great 2” stainless steel needles in her hands.

:eek::eek:

I hope 2" was length not diameter!

Wifeynurse had the NHS acupuncture qualification, and when she was practicing on me I can vouch for the fact that it worked. In my case I believe it worked because I stopped worrying about a painful shoulder when she had bloody great 2” stainless steel needles in her hands.

:eek::eek:

I’ve been receiving acupuncture (well dry needling I believe is the Western medical term) from an osteopath to help alleviate my sciatica and quite pleased with the endorphin rush it induces when I‘ve got a dozen needles along my right leg and hip; even had some TENS style device hooked up to needles to enhance the effect ⚡🥴

Certainly preferable to having a lumbar puncture performed by a junior doctor during the “killing season” which I had the misfortune of about a decade ago; was almost bad enough to give my trypanophobia when he messed procedure up for a 3rd time but thankfully consultant took over before he wasted their entire supply of spinal needles!

1613224570486.jpeg

Certainly preferable to having a lumbar puncture performed by a junior doctor during the “killing season” which I had the misfortune of about a decade ago; was almost bad enough to give my trypanophobia when he messed procedure up for a 3rd time but thankfully consultant took over before he wasted their entire supply of spinal needles!

Or your body's entire supply of cerebrospinal fluid! Anaesthetist should have stepped in before the third failed attempt!

Hope you get relief from your sciatica. Nasty condition.

Edit - Black Wednesday is genuinely scary.

CACC08EF-5D1F-4E9F-B9D9-E449BBCC866E.jpeg

Macron really is doubling down on the moron stakes.

Countries desperate for vaccine and he's spreading crap about something that could potentially save thousands and adding to the poorly researched or Post Brexit propaganda the EU press are reporting despite their health agencies saying otherwise.

Did we just buy all the vaccines and leave Europe high and dry or are they just rubbish at rolling out a vaccine program? To be so far ahead is astonishing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom