1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I forgot to ask...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Hawkis, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic DMRE60, Sky+, and a Sony Wega 32 inch w/s. New scarts being considered to bring out the best in all of the above. Suggestions please. Understand that each lead could cost £30+? Should I buy with all pins connected/gold plated/switchable?
    This is costing me a fortune!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    The QED AV21 Scarts offer a good compromise in the price versus quality stakes. They are about £40 each but will give you a very nice picture - and you only need 2!

3. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S'pose so. Keep forgetting that I now don't 43 scarts round the back. I looked at the QED. Will they make a noticeable difference? I'd want it to make the tea for that price...
    What I have noted since putting the E60 into the mix is that when it is on (ie, not in standby) I get an interference line travel across the screen on AV1. When I switch it off to standby the line disappears. Kind of reminds me of when we got our first VCR. And the second, and third, etc. Is this 'cos of knackered/poor quality scarts? One of the two I am currently using is actually gold plated but must now be nigh on ten years old. Do they age badly?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Well it will get the most out of the machine. Details can get lost if you use crap wires. You've paid for a top machine (the E60) so push it to it's limits!

As for your interference problem getting decent wires is the first step to troubleshooting. A bad wire could be causing the problem (if you have several at home try different ones and see if you still get the problem).