And finally...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SurferDude, Jul 23, 2004.

1. SurferDude

SurferDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, what a journey!

When I first posted on this forum I was looking at getting an Onkyo TX-SR601 for $1300 (all prices AUD). Not a bad receiver but certainly entry level. You guys pointed me in the right direction, :thumbsup: so then I started looking at comparable price entry level Recievers like the Marantz SR5400 and the Denon AVR2803. Both great amps but now we’re looking at $1500.

Then the bug bights…

I get a look at a great internet site which ships to Australia and suddenly the Marantz SR7400 is possible for $1400 or the Yamaha RXV1400 for the same price. But then reality hits. All imported products don’t come with a warranty, and aren’t necessarily the Australian spec.

But wheels are in motion…

I now email my hot price to all the good Aussie dealers I know and low and behold one of them is willing to take the knife to their RRP of $2400 and sell me an SR7400 for only $1700 locally. So having started at the Onkyo TX-SR601 for $1300 I end up with the Marantz SR7400 for $1700! $300 more, but I’m sure most (if not all) would agree a much better piece of kit!

Thanks to everyone for their input and advice. :clap: I haven’t got it in yet, have to wait until pay-day mid next month. But the decision is made.

I guess I’ve got to start thinking speakers now… Maybe the Mordaunt Short Declaration 900 series, but Richer Sounds can do the THX Avant system for only £999?!?. But I do like the look of the AE Aegis Evo’s as well and there’s always the Kef eggs.

Does it never end? What have you got me into here??? :suicide:

Excited, but getting poorer by the second.

Thaks y'all...

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Enjoy your kit - and be prepared to have no cash now the bug has bitten

:)

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Yeah you have a nice amp there :smashin: I was looking at one myself before importing my RXV1400:D The answer is no it never ends. You think you have all you want then you wonder into BI-AMPING, more money. Im also looking into getting a seperate DAC for the dvd player instead of having a seperate dvd and CDP again:( Will this loonacy ever end?? :devil: