Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Entertainment Store Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Why didn't you just buy a second-hand copy of Anchorman The Original Movie and put a "2" on it in black marker pen ?
It would have been cheaper and you would still have seen the "new" movie.

So apparently this has production issues.....

Everyone who ordered should have an email from play, something about stretching?

Anyway im keeping mine but on play the 4th picture shows issue.

Mentioned on previous page mate (#110), i posted the pic of it up. :)

Ah sorry I wonder why I didn't get the email until today?

Anyway seeing as many are cancelling its best I do too, as it will be reduced im sure!

26 quid is a bit much, once it's half the price then ill bite.

Ah sorry I wonder why I didn't get the email until today?

Anyway seeing as many are cancelling its best I do too, as it will be reduced im sure!

26 quid is a bit much, once it's half the price then ill bite.

The emails only went out today i think, what i posted was from a certain place :)

Just had a dispatch email for this. Nice and early. Will check out the 'stretch' first hand before deciding.

Dispatched email sent last night also, hopefully will arrive in time for some weekend hilarity!

Just had a dispatch email for this. Nice and early. Will check out the 'stretch' first hand before deciding.

If you can get photos up that will be appreciated :thumbsup:
I ordered and then cancelled before dispatch due to this issue and the general feeling that it will decrease in price quicker than usual.

How so? The second one looks awesome and the design of the first one is pretty good too?

I prefer the uk ones.

Im guessing everyone who kept the preorder will have it today.

I hope the issue isnt bad but at double the amaray cost its too much for non mint.

Once the inevitable price drop occurs ill be all over it.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes i understand that, im wondering why in your opinion it is far better? Im interested to hear why

Ah I see.

Well, looking at all three steelbooks (2x UK and 1x Walmart) I like the use of a single image covering the whole of the front, and looking at the Walmart edition, that fact that it's a close up of Burgundy showing his moustache and part suit is a great image to show what the film is without having the need for a title. Much the same as Anchorman 2 UK version, which I love the design of also, except it has a title on the front and I'm a fan of steelbooks without a title on the front. That being said, however, it's a nice embossed title and border so it's a great cover too. Between the both, however, I much prefer the glossy single image Walmart version.

Here's where my problem lies... I've already got Anchorman UK edition and as much as I love the wood effect, I'm not a massive fan of the central image of Ron with a Clipart-looking banner and a chain that cuts off at each end as it proceeds around the back of the steelbook. I've mentioned these things before, and although it no doubt looks great to some, I personally think it looks a little tacky. Unfortunately, I took this at £9.99 before I even knew about the Walmart double.

Anchorman 2 UK is nice, really nice, and I'm happy to have that one because I thought it was great before I knew about the Walmart version, and the use of colour (again, the Burgundy suit for example) is spot on, as well as the gloss.
I would have preferred that both 1 and 2 match in some way, but that's down to different releases from different retailers I guess. ES steels I do like very much though.

But anyway, the Walmart edition imo is superior as it isn't as busy, it's a clean and crisp image that covers the entire front, and the back is split up in a nice way too, showing the other characters.
It's not embossed but I can live with that, and also it is virtually the same price as UK Anchorman 2, but for two films in one. It just scream 'classy' (no pun intended) in my opinion, but I reckon if the Walmart version was the first Anchorman film only, and the ES version was the second film as it is, then these would look amazing together!

Mine arrived today and I'm very happy. Embossed Burgundy on the back is fantastic and no sign of the stretching ES warned us about. Goes superbly with Zavvi's Anchorman.

Looks classy! :cool:

Hurry up with the price drop ES! :devil:

Pics (with thanks to ricster @ HDN)

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 87
  • A2(back).jpg
    A2(back).jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 88
  • A2(side).jpg
    A2(side).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 88
  • A2(inside).jpg
    A2(inside).jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 79
Mine arrived today and I'm very happy. Embossed Burgundy on the back is fantastic and no sign of the stretching ES warned us about.

That's great news - I'm pleased for you and it shows once again what a lying group of snivelling toads they are at Scanavo to say that it's an unavoidable part of the processing when not all copies have been affected. They do come out with some crap sometimes to shift the blame for their mistakes and poor quality control on to anyone but themselves - a severe case of Oscar Pistorious Syndrome.

I would advise caution to all those waiting for a price drop though as you can bet your bottom dollar that ES are holding back all the damaged copies to flog off on the cheap once they have got rid of the mint copies at £ 26 !!!

I ordered the Walmart version, but I just have to wait until my bro in the US sends it over - could be by the time Anchorman 3 comes out unless he gets his finger out!

reminds me of iron man a little, just in terms of its niceness.

as for ES holding back damaged ones - im not sure they could even tell with the seal on?

ill still wait for the drop - unless i see a post in here saying there are under 200 left or something before it drops - then i will nab one and hope for the best.

to be honest if it meant i saved a tenner i would take a ''stretched'' one.

Unfortunately the stretching defect is very noticeable.....

if you're using a magnifying glass.....

whilst being aided by the lighting conditions of let's say, a floodlight :D

Unfortunately the stretching defect is very noticeable.....

if you're using a magnifying glass.....

whilst being aided by the lighting conditions of let's say, a floodlight :D

Unfortunately the OCD use them tools and conditions on a daily basis ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom