Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Blu-ray Review

Dans1210

oh man, im a fan of the original film and actually had to turn off this movie about 45min in, its terrible, the picture and sound may be great but the jokes are really bad, certainly one of will ferrells low points.

Batdog

Thought the film was ok but in truth the original now seems really dated to me.....strange to think that back then I much preferred this to Dodgeball, but that film has grown on me a lot over the years, and this the opposite. I had a similar experience with Ace Ventura years earlier..it was like I'd been waiting all my life for somebody to make these films. I can't watch that film any more either!

This sequel was just more of the same.....the overuse of Steve Carrell's character was the main misstep for me.

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Did you just diss Ace Ventura? Get. The. fudge. Out. :D

I didn't mind Anchorman 2 at all, it's not as funny as the first but I still got a few laughs. The gag reel is brilliant though, Ron's impression of the Elephant Man had me in tears of laughter.

Spot on AV review Cas, the PQ is absolutely stunning. It's literally one of the best Blu-rays I've ever seen, and I've seen a few!

vaktmestern

Banned
Ok movie worth a look.

MrNPG

Can anyone confirm if the UK edition contains all three versions of the film, like the US edition, or does it just contain two versions?

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Can anyone confirm if the UK edition contains all three versions of the film, like the US edition, or does it just contain two versions?

It's in the review, just click the link...

And there aren't 3 versions of the movie in the UK. The movie was cut in the US to get a PG-13 rating. It wasn't cut in the UK, it was released uncut as a 15, and that is the Theatrical Cut we got.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
:DThe gag reel is brilliant though, Ron's impression of the Elephant Man had me in tears of laughter.

100% agree, funniest non-bit of the movie, wish they could have worked it in somehow.

They could have trimmed the movie down but its still a funny film, the first one was just too funny and was hard to match.

clinteatswood

It is a funny film and surreal in it's portrayal of news casters(kind of)
But the fight nearing the ending of the film was just way too much, almost too farsical(Boohoo!).
I hope this isn't cruel , but for sure , the best part of the film is when he goes blinnnndddddd , Lol.
Movie(for me):7/10

MrNPG

It's in the review, just click the link...

And there aren't 3 versions of the movie in the UK. The movie was cut in the US to get a PG-13 rating. It wasn't cut in the UK, it was released uncut as a 15, and that is the Theatrical Cut we got.

The US edition contains the theatrical version (119 mins), the "extended/unrated" version (123 mins) and the "super-size" version (143 mins).

The UK edition contains the theatrical version (119 mins) and the "super-size" version (143 mins), so it would appear we are missing the "extended/unrated" version?

jacob staunton

Standard Member
I loved the first anchorman loved it, but this one was just an embarrassment of a movie. I all most fell asleep, killed myself and didn't laugh once I wouldn't call that a successful comedy. Blu Ray contains 763 more jokes please like I'm going to watch that, I would prefer to attach a lobster to my balls.

cmdrmarc

Distinguished Member
I hear the Daily Mail is after more journalists if you're in need of a new outlet for your hyperbole ;-)

mike7

Distinguished Member
This is the worst movie I have ever seen. Badly acted, crudely written, roughly edited and, above all, not very funny. Aimed at 12 year olds with a short attention span.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom