Anbody know anyting about Panasonic NVDX100 ????

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by agwa, Dec 15, 2002.

1. agwa

agwa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for any idea whatsoever on the above model. I'm a total newbie to this, just picked up one of these up cheap. Can't find much info from net searches, probably cos it was launched in '98.

Anyone any info as to the abilities of this machine?

2. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I've got one of these. Excellant camera. Cost £2k when new. It uses 3 seperate CCD's so gives excellant pictures (considered a semi-pro camera). Many freelance reporters used them because they were light and the results were semi-pro in quality. Only gripes are:

Low light - loses detail (more modern cameras are now more capable, especially the Sony)

Still pictures - as they are recorded onto tape (no seperate card) and the camera is effectively only a 1mega pixel device stills are difficult to produce on their own.

The camera is also DV-in disabled (although it can be enabled cheaply using an after market device). The later 110 model is DV enabled and has the same features as the 100.

The camera has now been replaced with the 300 model.

3. agwa

agwa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Daren.

I'm not so much an enthusiast, so may well sell and buy a simpler version. Is this feasible? How much would it be worth (roughly) today?

4. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately camcorders dont hold their value that well - as said I purchased mine for £2000 about 4 years ago. It is probaly worth about £200 today!

The new 350 model sells for £1200

5. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great 3CCD cam!

How much did you pay (NEW?) and where from?

Thank you,

6. agwa

agwa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be trueful I don't know how much it cost. It was a present from my girlfriend who works at Panasonic. They have cheap staff sales/clearances.

7. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lucky You!

Are you so lucky after dinner?!.....

8. OlavGran

OlavGran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic NV-DX100 is a very great 3CCD camera! I bought it in 1998 and it has perfomed perfectly since then. Especially, the camera is very good in low light, typically indoors sessions or late evenings outdoor shots.

I also have the very new Panasonic 3CCD NV-MX500 EG (NV-MX5000 in Japan). This is comparable or slightly better than the NV-DX100 outdoors (in strong or very strong light), but it is almost USELESS indoors. The low light performance is very bad, and you simply can't use the camera in typically indoor normal situations like "family sitting around the coffee table" etc...

So if you can get the NV-DX100 for a good price - just buy it!

9. stuartcohen36

stuartcohen36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Well I have owned a NV DX 110 for about 5 years now I think and I know need to get a couple of more cameras for certain shoots I work on. So I though the natural thing to simply upgrade as I can not find any more NV DX 110 to buy. WHICH BY THE WAY...is a brilliant camera, and with the frame mode option, can not be beaten. So I was told to upgrade to the NV GS 200, which worked out to be about £750......was I wrong to buy it or what!!! YES!!! It is so frustrating, all I want is another 1 or 2 DX 110, which would prob cost about £200 each these days, but as I cant find any Im stuck with spending a lot of money on cameras that can be used for digital stills, webcam, loads of FX and is so tiny, you cant hold steady, etc....but I dont want that...I just want good old fashioned frame mode on the DX 110. Anyone know anyone that has one for sale and also anyone that would like to buy a NV GS 200?

Thanks for reading

Stuart

10. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These cameras also sold under the model designation EZ-30 & EZ-35, differed over the consumer model by having a matt gray finish. Were sold by the Panasonic Broadcast division, may give you a few more options when trying to source one.

11. stuartcohen36

stuartcohen36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that. Although thinking into the furture....Is it worth hanging on for HD?

12. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there are two on ebay just now, dx100 and a dx110, HD is costing a lot more, will require a more expensive edit package and a hd compatible (expensive) playback source. If you can get one of these cheap enough you could run it until the price of HDV drops