Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix)

Rasczak

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t see another thread on this. Anyone else watched it?

I thought it was okay. Quite a good story but rather flawed in its approach IMHO.

Why didn’t the prosecution barrister not take the case and instead just go to the Police and add her statement, which would have almost certainly have got him convicted given it would have evidenced the p-word? It was also let-down by attention to detail such as the House of Commons configuration, basic court procedure and trying to sensationalise use of explicit words in a legal context – none of which helped with the suspension of disbelief.

All in all though, well worth watching.

Was a bit slow to start, but we enjoyed it
Have to admit to not recognising sienna miller

Average for me, felt it was a bit ott with some of the stylised sequences as well.
Agree with OP (the spoiler)

Nearly gave up after 20 minutes since it just seemed to be about yahoo snobs I don’t recognise. Do the producers really think all our ruling class speak like that?

Then for the best part of four episodes it got good, part courtroom drama and part political conspiracy centred around the past and present ”indiscretions“ of a youthful Tory minister played by Quinn from Homeland, Rupert Friend. Got gritty and quite explicit which was surprising but then let itself down by a huge plot twist at the end of episode 4 which rendered it all a bit farcical.

The two barristers were great, Sienna Miller sympathetic in the end and the spin doctor a comedy side show. I binged it in an evening and didn’t feel let down since it was thought provoking in the current climate but not really ringing true.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom