• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

anatomy for beginners

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Anatomy for Morbid Ghouls more like...

...I love it but it does turn my stomach...and what is it with Sweetcorn? They never explain why it doesn't digest...

vonhosen

Established Member
I'm always interested to take the cover off & see how it works inside :D

captainH

Established Member
Very graphic :eek: but if you can stomach it it's an excellent, informative programme. The plastination technique that fellah does is amazing. I think tonights is going to be the most horrible of them all, looks like cross-your-legs time....

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Anyone else notice that the german fella wearing the dodgy hat doing the butchering looks like the ss officer from Raiders of the lost Ark???

Synchronicity

Prominent Member
I was fascinated by this program!When I first turned it on(the german surgeon chap was just cuting open the upright body so this might have been very early on in the program)I commented how it didnt look real,as I thought for a moment that they were cutting into a dummy,but how wrong I was :nono: My brother mocked me for about 10 minutes saying of course it doesnt look real,they are just using an artificial body.....once they had pulled out the intestines and chopped up the liver my brother was finally prepared to accept that (to his horror)it really was a real human body :oops:

Definatley a fascinating program and well worth watching :lesson:

BillTheButcher

Established Member
Mr Jason B said:
When I first turned it on(the german surgeon chap was just cuting open the upright body so this might have been very early on in the program)I commented how it didnt look real,as I thought for a moment that they were cutting into a dummy,but how wrong I was :nono: My brother mocked me for about 10 minutes saying of course it doesnt look real,they are just using an artificial body.....once they had pulled out the intestines and chopped up the liver my brother was finally prepared to accept that (to his horror)it really was a real human body :oops:

Definatley a fascinating program and well worth watching :lesson:

The rubbery, stiffened effect on the body is a consequence of the fixing process that is used to prevent putrefaction of the corpse (thus making it much more useful for demonstration).

Zone

Had me squirming in my seat as he sliced open the ball bag :eek:

dynamic turtle

Established Member
scrapbook said:
Anyone else notice that the german fella wearing the dodgy hat doing the butchering looks like the ss officer from Raiders of the lost Ark???

Very creepy man.

I know exactly what he would've been experimenting on, had he been born 60 years earlier........

Fascinating stuff. For as long as you can keep your dinner down.

DT

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Zone said:
Had me squirming in my seat as he sliced open the ball bag :eek:

That happened to me for real a few years ago when I fell off my bike!!! Luckily the Paramedic put it all back together again; to its former glory...but it hurt like hell...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom