Analouge stuff

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mat-Moo, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm currently on NTL Digital cable, and have an analogue pass thru which goes to a distribution box and around the house to a couple of other tv's. I'm thinking of moving to Sky+ but this would mean I lose the analogue side of my transmissions, and have 2 t'vs with no input signal.

What options are open to me? Do freeview boxes only have 1 rf output or do they send multiple like traditional analogue tv? I also don't have an aerial (at all) at present, would I have to mount an ugly thing outside, or is it possible to have one in the loft etc.?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    When I cancelled my NTL D they left the analogue feed intact, even offered me an simple adaptor to connect the socket to the aerial cable leading to the telly.
    Not sure if this is normal practice since I was retaining the second feed for the cable modem but unless you are removing NTL altogether perhaps it's a wasted effort on their part to remove certain bits.

First of all you need an aerial for Freeview, indoor is ok if you live in a decent coverage area with a strong signal, outdoor for all other conditions except of course if you live in the 25% of the UK that isn't covered:(
    There is no standard spec for Freeview hardware as such but it's pretty much the norm to have a combination of scarts/rf and perhaps seperate s-video. That would allow you to feed the main TV with RGB scart and the RF output (STB requires RF modulator) to the distributor.

If you are feeling flush why not get a new aerial, feed that into a distributor and then onto three independent Freeview boxes, one a HD unit and the other two basic models:)

3. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well I had planned to keep phone/broadband, so that would be perfect.