1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

analogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by oldguy, Mar 29, 2005.

1. oldguy

oldguy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help anyone,

want to transfer my analogue videon fottage onto my PC using windows Movie Maker -

Is there any hardware compatable ?

Most of the stuff I've seen comes with it's own software, But having put a load of digital footage thro' movie maker i am quite happy with the results and ease of use provided by Movie Maker.

???

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    If you have a digital camcorder that has AV-in enabled then you can use it to convert the analogue source to digital and then pass on to the PC via firewire to be captured by Movie Maker. Just make sure you set MM to disable device control, otherwise it will try to rewind the tape in the camcorder which wont work as you wont have one in there.
    If you do not have an AV-in enabled camcorder then it is a matter of useing other hardware to convert the analogue video to digital either with a capture card or a analogue to DV converter. Once captured MM can then be used for editing.

Mark.