1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue vs. a digital tv - when using cable tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by neil malde, Jun 12, 2002.

1. neil malde

neil malde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy a new tv. Since i am using cable to watch my tv, does it make a difference whether i buy an analogue television or a digital television? Since the cable broadcasts in digital now, those viewing in on either two sets make a difference?

Also with providers such as ITV digitial not working any more is there a use for the digital tv??

thanx.

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a widescreen tv, you will want the digital source. It is the only way to get anamorphic widescreen. You don't get this on analogue sources.

ITVD may have gone down but digital terrestial broadcasts havent stopped., apart from some channels.

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He isn't asking that Doubledoom has if you read the post it says he has cable which is a digital source.

neil malde, no it won't make any difference to which set you buy because you are using digital cable (by the way digital isn't always better e.g. over compressed blocky pictures). I don't know what the situation is now but last year the digital tv's were rubbish and most had major problems in the softwhere also the cab's were very cheap and prone to breaking easily. If this is still the case I would get an analogue set, just make sure its got plenty of scarts etc.

I can't recommend a set though cause they all seem to have small quirks, just read this forum, make a shortlist and then demo to find one you like.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, missed the digital cable reference in the second sentance. I just focused on the cable reference in the first sentance.

5. neil malde

neil malde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for that. By the way whats a CAB?

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the tech speak a cab = Cabinet (the plastic enclosure), I've seen them break just by picking them up on some of these so called style digital tv's