1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue stereo interconnect cables - Canare LV61S

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by GFS AV, Apr 18, 2005.

1. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all (including yourself Mark :D ),

Having SACD on my new DVD player, I could really do with some decent cables. These seem to be popular - Analogue stereo interconnect cables - Canare LV61S from Mark Grant. Now, I know these are meant to be very good value, but can anyone give me a rough estimation on how much an equivalent set would be from a well known maunfacturer i.e. IXOS, Chord, QED. I have a single coax cable from Mark Grant which I am very happy with the quality.

Also, i'd like to know whether it is worth me splashing out this much on cables, for a £270 DVD player??? It seems extravagant. But then I suppose it's not bad for six high quality cables. Would I notice an improvement over say, a set of £40 Profigolds (which I consider to be generally good).

Can anyone also give their personal opinion on the Canare LV61S cables.

Thanks in advance.

2. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no-one got these cables???

3. andyAV

andyAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use 2 of em on a Naim 5i CDP to Rotel 1068 Amp and 5 of em for the Amp to a Rotel 1098 power amp and dropped the previous £50 ish/pair cables as I couldn't tell any difference (not that I was looking for improvements only to make sure that Marks stuff wasn't any worse) and Marks connector are tons better for easy of fitting. If the profigolds are £40 for a set of 5/6 I'd go the extra mile for the £65 set of 6 from Mark and have interconnects you'll probably never need to upgrade again IMHO.

Andy

I'm going to have to stop enthusing about Marks cables before people think I'm Mark under another log in or I'm getting a cut :eek: What with that and Cat5 cable I don't think I post on anything else :D

4. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :laugh:
    ok, i'll order when I hit payday.

Will I need the six? Do I need one for the sub too? Sorry for such a stupid question.

Cheers,

Greg

5. andyAV

andyAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only if you want it to make some noise :D :devil: