1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

analogue recording onto pc

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by zolapower96, Apr 1, 2005.

1. zolapower96

zolapower96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just attempting for the first time to move analogue video from vcr onto pc. Using Pinnacle 8. When capturing i'm getting picture and sound, but when i start to view and edit i get no sound ? Also the file sizes appear massive compared to my dv projects. What should i checking for settings wise. Thanks

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I seem to remember from when I used to be a sufferer, sorry I mean user, of Pinnacle that I experienced this problem. Have you tried exiting out of Pinnacle, going back in, starting a new project and then edit the video? I'm sure this 'cured' it when I tried it.

Alternatively, what happens if you play the captured AVI file using Windows Media Player (or any other media player)? Do you get sound? If you don't then perhaps your connections aren't quite right. How are you connecting the VCR to your PC?

3. zolapower96

zolapower96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've connected the vcr to pc via a nvidea cinema box, you mention an avi file, showing my lack of knowledge here but pinnacle was saving it as a mpeg file. is there a differnce ? i'll try your tip over the weekend, thanks