1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue inputs

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by m0v1em4n, Dec 8, 2003.

1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi all,

I am thinking about get the SoundBlaster Audigy 2, but believe that in order to get 192 hz i will have to use the analogue input on my Tag AV32r,

What are the positives and negatives of using analogue inputs?

i have read some where that the sound format just shows as stereo, is this true

tried to do a search on the tag forum but its not very good at the moment.

steve

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Steve

can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do here?

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    As Beekeeper says,exactly what are you trying to do?.....if you're hoping to pipe DVD-A out of the Audigy and into the Tag,you won't get a decoded digital output,as all the processing is done on board to preserve copyright.

It would also be helpful to know which AV32R you have....i.e.does it have the analogue bypass upgrade....?

4. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi,

First my Tag does not have the bypass, and I use an HTPC for all my DVD and music, I mainly watch films but on the odd occasion I would like to listen to some music

What i was trying to achieve is

play and decode DVDaudio via my HTPC and pass it to the Amps via the Tag but also still preserve the ability to pass 7.1 film sound tracks to the Tag for decoding,
    I understand that the bypass would be the ideal solution,

last night i tested an Audigy 2 via the Spdif and i was getting 96hz reading on the tag but the sound format was showing stereo, but the track being played was in 5.1, just thought that if I used the analogue input I would then get the 5.1 :confused:

Thank

steve

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The analogue inputs on a non-bypass AV32R will simply run in stereo,and will be converted internally to digital form before being reconverted to analogue again prior to output,so unfortunately that idea wouldnt work.

The analogue bypass option is really the only way of getting it to work in the way you wanted.

The Audigy decodes DVD-A internally and outputs analogue multichannel,and will not output high-res digital data via the digital outs in order to comply with copyright concerns.....as far as I know that is!

6. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks Guys for the info