1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue Hi8 onto PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Billy Butler, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Billy Butler

Billy Butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony CCD TRV36E analogue camcorder & want to transfer my Hi8 tapes onto DVD through my computer. I have a Lifeview TV capture card installed but not sure what to do next. My camcorder has composite Video & Audio o/p, does the Video connect to the AV IN (capture card) & Audio to either AUDIO OUT (capture card) or LINE IN (sound card) or both? Also whats the best cable to use for this?

I presume I need to install a driver for the card to work, I got a cd with the card but its cracked so u/s. I did look at installing a driver from the lifeview website but it comes up with "device not found". I presume once you've installed a driver & setup the connections correctly from the camcorder to the pc then its just a case of opening up your s/w (I have Ulead video studio 6), pressing play on your camcorder & start recording.

Thank you for any responses in advance.