Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Analogue Hi8 onto PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Billy Butler, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Billy Butler

Billy Butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony CCD TRV36E analogue camcorder & want to transfer my Hi8 tapes onto DVD through my computer. I have a Lifeview TV capture card installed but not sure what to do next. My camcorder has composite Video & Audio o/p, does the Video connect to the AV IN (capture card) & Audio to either AUDIO OUT (capture card) or LINE IN (sound card) or both? Also whats the best cable to use for this?

I presume I need to install a driver for the card to work, I got a cd with the card but its cracked so u/s. I did look at installing a driver from the lifeview website but it comes up with "device not found". I presume once you've installed a driver & setup the connections correctly from the camcorder to the pc then its just a case of opening up your s/w (I have Ulead video studio 6), pressing play on your camcorder & start recording.

Thank you for any responses in advance.