1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue connection to PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jaime, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Jaime

Jaime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

I have a Panasonic NVS90B VHSC camcorder which needs repairing, and I have been told this isn't worth doing.

I need to transfer my VHSC tapes to the computer before they disintegrate and wondered how?

I have a firewire and S socket on my PC, and short of buying a new VHSC camcorder, I don't know what to do!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jaime

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Well I assume that you have the converter so you can play the tapes in a standard VCR! If so then all you need is to connect the VCR to the PC. I have seen a lot of people recommend the PACKARD BELL PCI-TV100 TV CARD £24.99 from PC World (ouch, that hurts recommending getting anything from there :devil: ).

Mark.

3. PAA

PAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or as I have just leaned Jamie, most new camcorders have a pass-thru feature that can allow you to hook up your vcr to the camcorder, then camcorder to PC into the firewire port and bingo!

I gather this will give you a better quality than most options, except expensive analog to digital boxes.

4. Jaime

Jaime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about MOST new camcorders - SOME allow pass through - check the camera specification carefully.

6. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I personally use a Canopus ADVC-100. Top quality simple device :smashin: