1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue Camcorder Samsung VP-W60 Help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Stevenuk, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Stevenuk

Stevenuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got an Analogue Camcorder Samsung VP-W60 , which I have had for along time now but never used it ...
    Can anyone tell me if I can connect this model to my PC or Laptop to see, capture and edit from it? or not ?
    If so what do I need to get to possibly achieve this ?? ... IE drivers software etc?? Thanks

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Steven, you will need a video capture card installed in your PC, probably best to get one that captures the audio as well. I think Maplin may be your best bet, but I'm sure someone else will know the best place to get one. Hope this helps and good luck :smashin:

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    It all depends on how much you want to spend and how good quality you require as to how you go about this.

There are many devices that plug in to a PC/laptop via USB2.0 that do work but are fairly low quality. The advantage is they are also cheap costing from around £20 up.
    The best quality devices are those that connect via firewire such as the Canopus ADVC devices. They will give results as close to capturing from a digital camcorder as you can get with analogue. The down side being they cost from about £150 up. The more expensive units in the range give you analogue outputs so you can copy your edited footage to VHS etc.

Mark.