Analogue Camcorder Samsung VP-W60 Help

S

Stevenuk

I have got an Analogue Camcorder Samsung VP-W60 , which I have had for along time now but never used it ...
Can anyone tell me if I can connect this model to my PC or Laptop to see, capture and edit from it? or not ?
If so what do I need to get to possibly achieve this ?? ... IE drivers software etc?? Thanks

Hi Steven, you will need a video capture card installed in your PC, probably best to get one that captures the audio as well. I think Maplin may be your best bet, but I'm sure someone else will know the best place to get one. Hope this helps and good luck :smashin:

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how good quality you require as to how you go about this.

There are many devices that plug in to a PC/laptop via USB2.0 that do work but are fairly low quality. The advantage is they are also cheap costing from around £20 up.
The best quality devices are those that connect via firewire such as the Canopus ADVC devices. They will give results as close to capturing from a digital camcorder as you can get with analogue. The down side being they cost from about £150 up. The more expensive units in the range give you analogue outputs so you can copy your edited footage to VHS etc.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom