• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Analogue Box with Astra 1D - Is it any use ?

Rrk3001

Standard Member
:hiya:
Hello folks, Happened to be in the loft and saw my old Pace Analogue Satellite receiver with the Astra 1D attachment. (This was ofcourse replaced by Sky Digital). Can Is till hook it up to my dish and receive any channels ? (Getting bored with Sky !)

Thanks

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
No.
A few months ago I think there was one analogue channel and that could disappear any time.
It might make a nice paperweight however :smashin:

logiciel

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Astra 1D moved to a totally new position some time ago BUT there are qute a few anaogue channels at 19.2 East (its old position) = see here (those in white)
Astra 1F/1G/1H/1KR/1L at 19.2°E - LyngSat
and some still at Hotbird 13 East see here (again inwhite)
Hot Bird 6/7A/8 at 13.0°E - LyngSat

But you will need a dish aligned on the correct satellite. The other replies seem confused by your reference to your old 1D frequency extender/shifter which was merely to extend the frequency range tunable with some very early analogue receiver/lnb combinations and probably will not be required with a modern lnb.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom