Analogue audio line level signal cleaning

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by baldrick, Dec 29, 2006.

1. baldrick

baldrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Are there any devices available that will clean line level audio signals?

I have 2 problems, a pair of B & O BeoLab 4000 active loudspeakers connected to an Apple PowerBook and a Sherbourn 12 channel power amp running 4 pairs of in-ceiling speakers.

Both bits of kits are supposed to trigger from their line inputs and switch between standby and active as and when music is played.

The Sherbourn amp works perfectly with a music source connected directly via a 1m cable but as soon as the line level audio is travelling through the installed cabling the noise on the cable confuses the trigger system and the amp stays on permanently.

My local hifi shop suggeseted that a mains condition might solve the problem and I have tried both a Tacima 6 way condition from Maplins and an Isotek Gemini. Neither have solved the problem.

The BeoLabs randomly switch between active and standby regardless of conditioners, or source machine. The work fine with music playing but as soon as the music stops they just flick from active to standby and back constantly.

I have found this: http://www.markertek.com/Product.as...subcat=&prodClass=LINEAMPS&mfg=&search=0&off=

I think something along these lines would do the trick by removing any noise on the line level feeds, I'm just wondering if a similar product is available that's cheaper?

Thanks in advance....

2. baldrick

baldrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Any one? ;)