1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog to DV converter

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Kirpal, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Kirpal

Kirpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to convert my old VHS/SVHS tapes to DV (digital video) format. Although I have tried to load these videos straight into my PC using ATI AIW 8500 card, I am not with the quality.
    Please advise alternative methods

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    To get old analogue video onto your PC (and asuming you have a DV input on your PC) you need an AV/DV converter. These can be bought from www.keene.co.uk and others.
    Be warned though, they cost around £250 :eek:

Mark.

3. jonna

jonna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,993
    I have just converted my old family camcorder tapes (1991 upwards) straight from my camcorder (audio/video) into a Dazzle -Hollywood DV- Bridge, audio/video in (firewire out or audio/video out),which converts analog into dv.Bought it from pc world - £150 and used with ulead video studio 6 to capture it, it gave brilliant results.There is a newer version which uses usb into your pc.
    Good luck whatever you try.
    Jonna .

4. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look into the Canopus ADVC-100 and ADVC-50. These are supposed to be the nuts when it comes to analod to DV conversion. The 100 is an external box which is bi-directional, the 50 is a pci/front mount card which i think is one directional.

If i remember the 100 is about £250, and the 50 is about £170.

Maybe less though on e-bay.

5. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kirpal

Have you tried using your Panasonic NV-DS38 to do analogue to digital conversion and does it give the audio dropout problem doing this too? If you've not tried see page 41 of camera manual under heading Analogue-Digital Conversion. I never got round to doing this. ( my camera's still at Panasonic.)

Richard