Analog sound cable for 360?

BAN5HEE

Hi guys. Do you get an analog cable for the 360. I spent the weekend setting up a "Boys Room" in our extension and just realised the old amp I have in there only does analog and digital out not digital in. So is there a cable for my needs so I can 5.1 sound?

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hi mate,

Sorry i might be misunderstanding your post but do you need to have analogue cables IN to amp?

If so then the lead that comes with the 360 as standard has a red/white lead for audio (amongst all the other coloured leads). If you connect those to your amp you can then change the settings on your amp to pro logic or pro logic 2 (hopefully depending on what amp it is). That will give you simulated surround sound not true digital surround. Unfortunately with the red/white phono cable you wont get digital sound.

I hope thats been of some help

Cheers

Saf

BAN5HEE

Hi mate,

Sorry i might be misunderstanding your post but do you need to have analogue cables IN to amp?

If so then the lead that comes with the 360 as standard has a red/white lead for audio (amongst all the other coloured leads). If you connect those to your amp you can then change the settings on your amp to pro logic or pro logic 2 (hopefully depending on what amp it is). That will give you simulated surround sound not true digital surround. Unfortunately with the red/white phono cable you wont get digital sound.

I hope thats been of some help

Cheers

Saf

Hi mate yeah that's basically what I want to do but was hoping you get a cable with 5 analogs instead of just the two but oh well.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hey mate,

You should at least have the lead with lots of coloured pins at the end. With this you would get 3 coloured pins for component (red/green/blue) plus red/white for sound or 1 coloured pin for composite (yellow) plus red/white for sound.

If you dont have a HDMI lead for your 360 the best way to hook the it up is to attach the component leads (red/green/blue) to component IN on your TV (assuming it has one) and then run the red/white audio leads into your amp and change the settings as described above.

Just to point out that if you want to use the component leads, there is a small grey box along the lead which has a switch on it. You need to flick that switch to HDTV and then change the video settings on the 360 dash to 1080p.

Apologies if i'm pointing out something you've done already.

Cheers

Saf

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom