Analog Camcorder To My Computer With Tv Card?

matrixsc

Hi all,

I have a analog camcorder and want to use some of the things i've filmed on my computer. SO i was wondering if i was to buy a Hauppauge WinTV Go (VE-000-HA) Tv card i could do this?
Link to card :-
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/analogue.htm#go

My graphics card wil not allow me to connect my camcorder to it thats why i need a tv card i think?

Also what software would i need to make some films?

If anyone has and other suggestions then please let me know thank you.

B

Brian110507

Yes you need an analogue capture card or a TV card, the one you have selected appears satisfactory.

If you are running Windows XP you will allready have Windows Moviemaker - which if you have version 1 you can upgrade free to version 2 from the Microsoft website. Version 2 is miles better than version 1 so don't try it with V1.

If you do not have Windows Moviemaker there are a lot of alternatives ranging from a few pound to a few hundred. I personnaly like Ulead VideoStudio 7 and you can get a free trial if you download it from www.ulead.co.uk

suzywong

Standard Member
You might also like to look at Pinnacle Systems Moviebox DV, which has a capture card for both analogue (for now) and digital (just drool!) camcorders, and comes with video editing software.

The analogue inputs are composite and S-video, and stereo sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom