1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An urgent plug issue Sanyo-Epson

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ener1, Sep 9, 2004.

1. ener1

ener1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi, i wonder if there is someone who can give me some advise. I had a ceiling mounted SanyoZ1, all the wiring is running from the ceiling down to the AV receiver and elec. socket. All wiring is covered by a cable cover and all the wires are taped together. Now i was going to order my new Eppson projector and then i realized that the electricity socket going into the Epson projector might be different than the one of the Sanyo...which it is. The Sanyo is a 3 pine (it has 3 holes) whereas the Epson has eight i believe. What can i do? I dont want to rip all the wiring from the ceiling! Are there converters available? Can i cut the wire of the Sanyo and replace it with the right end bit for the Epson EMP-TW10.If so where can i get it? I would like to order the projector tomorrow, so any help would be appreciated!
    many thks
    Ener1

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,343
    looking at the Epson user guide here
    ftp://ftp.epson-europe.com/pub/manuals/projector/emptw10/en/emptw10_userguide_en.pdf
    it looks like it uses a 'figure 8' type connector (like stereos etc.).
    You can't usually get rewireable versions of these plugs and if your z1 has an earth you won't be able to terminate it safely.
    If you are confident you know what you're doing you could cut the plug off your exiting power lead and the 3 pin mains plug of your new PJ power lead and fit either a cable connecting block or something like this to join them together...
    http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/prod...ns,+Test+-+Mains+-+Domestic&product_id=257627
    If you're in any doubt about your abilities speak to an electrician or you PJ dealer as it's not worth blowing up your new PJ or yourself!