• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

"An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available"

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I don't know why, but I'm just paranoid about downloading and installing this update. :suicide:

I genuinely don't know why, I just am! :facepalm:

My i4 is sim free and therefore permanently unlocked and I'm convinced the O2 devil is at work here and determined to somehow lock my phone to O2 to try and stop me moving to Vodafone. :devil:

Or am I worrying about nothing?

Did anyone else get a SIM free phone from Apple yesterday, stuck their O2 SIM in, do this update and remain SIM free?

Last edited:

snow-munki

Established Member
I got that on my Sim free phone. Using a Three pay as you go.

Think it just installs the 'Three' settings and added the MyThree check usage thingy to my bookmarks.

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Azzin I updated the phone and so did the lass, we both got the message "Congratulations your phone is now unlocked"
We got that message as soon as we both hooked the phone up to iTunes :)

Our phones were pre ordered sim free from Apple on the 15th

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Ok, I just did it and iTunes said "Your iPhone carrier settings were updated successfully"...... :confused:

I'd better dig out a non O2 SIM I think.....

[Edit] - Ecept I don't have another Micro SIM. :facepalm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 171211

Yes me to, Not sure what its for thought

Steve

it's the settings for GPRS/3G, MMS and tethering. It also tends to suppress the diverts active popup you get when using an iPhone on a unsupported network.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom