1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update GE Imager

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MALC, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MALC

MALC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, an update for you for the £150 GE Imager I bought. As you know we knew it would not power up and all the research indicated a dead power supply. I asked on this site if there was anyone could test it but never got any joy. So I thought I would try and replace the power supply and risk that it was that that was the problem. I placed a thread on the AVSFORUM regarding the power supplies, I was advised that the smaller GE Imager the 3000s power supply is the same. I searched the web for days and eventually found a company in the U.S that is used by a number of CRT enthusiasts and they had 2 3000s power supplies. I contacted them and agreed a price on a power supply. One week later it arrived "yipppeee" No, It was bent and had been damaged in transit but much worse they are not the same. So now I am back to square one, but "hey" it only cost me £150 and I am still looking for a power supply.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Malc: I think Mark Halflich over at AVS can repair Powersupplies like those used in projectors. Perhaps you could see if he can fix it?

Gordon

3. MALC

MALC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gordon I will try and locate him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.